Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bagac Bataan adventure

It is raining outside again and only enjoyed the sun rays yesterday. After a good exercise to keep my Jedi Knight like figure I am on my computer again and will tell you another adventure I had before.
Have you ever been to Bagac (pronounced as - bug-ak) Bataan?  Those who have been will be able to relate to what I'm talking about.  For those who haven't been there yet, well read on...

First off... Bagac is located on the western side of Bataan which is 151 kms. from Manila and 27.82 kms. away from Balanga, the provincial capital.The town has a land area of 23,120 hectares representing 16.84% of the total Bataan area and covers 14 barangays. Bagac is accessible through both land and water transportation. Ferry boats going to and from Manila are available at the Orion Port. The town has a population of 24,202 people in 4,553 households.
How I got there? I rode the ever dependable bus from Manila to Balanga, Bataan. The travel was about 3 hours (wished I rode my hover craft. must have been faster) to Balanga.  You can buy food from the market or eat at a restaurant or the ever loved famous fast food chains you can think of.  After about a 20 minutes rest in Balanga I rode a mini bus to Bagac.  I had wished the mini bus was full when I had gotten to the station because they will let me ride on the roof which is more fun ( not to mention that i will be alone there to practice my control of "The Force" in me).  I saw a huge cross on top of a hill called Mt. Samat.  From what I heard is that it was constructed in memory of all the heroes that died during war times from the famous history called "The Fall of Bataan".  The ride to Bagac is zig-zaging and any radical drivers would love that road where they won't have to step on their brakes to slow down.  You will hear screeching sounds seriously and will smell rubber.  You will see along the way lots of plants, trees and a few houses.  If you love nature then you will enjoy the way to Bagac.  After about an hour of avoiding head butts from my sleeping seat mate whose head was wildly bobbing along the way ( good thing Jedis are trained in avoiding head butts) I finally got off the mini bus and had a good Jedi stretch with my back pack on.  Trudging my way to one of my friends house the Noriegas ( don't know if they are related with Noriega of Cuba but what I know is they're not Cuban).  Left my back pack there and went straight to the sea side.  By the way, on my way to my friends house I saw the 0 ("zero") marker of the historical march of Filipinos and Americans during WWII called "Death March".  That was the starting point of the march going to Tarlac.  Walking towards the beach....  Nice looking resorts unfolded to my view.  The view is awesome!  Ocean view, mountain view and nice looking beach.

Legend says...
Upon the arrival of the Spaniards in the Philippines some of them travelled along the seacoasts looking for a better place to live in. Travelling without any fixed direction, they happen to pass by this place that is partly hidden between two sharp points extending to the sea. The Spaniards asked the Aeta, who was travelling with them as their guide, for the name of that place. The Aeta answered that that is called "lumbak" meaning lying between two hills. As their ship was crossing this place they sighted a flock of herons flying above them. When the Spaniards inquired about them to their guide, the Aeta replied, "Iyon po ay mga ibong tagak." And so from "lumbak" and "tagak" came "bak" and "gak", and soon it became Bagac.
Got a bit side tracked there... (lol).  The resorts that I saw there are:  Montemar, Morning Breeze, Fajardo's, Sun Moon, and Bagac beach resorts.  I also saw a very nice place there called Las Casa de Acuzar.  You will go back in time of the Spaniards colonization if you will see that place.  Never went in the water, just enjoyed the view and the fresh ocean breeze till sunset and headed back to the Noriegas home to get some Jedi shuteye.

I guess you ever wondered why I never did went in the water.  Well, the water is very enticing but wearing a beach short or Speedo trunks won't help with my Jedi looks (lol).  Went home the next day and rode the mini bus back to Balanga ( good thing my seat mate is not sleeping this time or I will have to use my light saber to cut his head off).  In Balanga rode a bus going to Manila to face again the reality of city life.  Another adventure by the Jedi....

No comments:

Post a Comment